Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince



At last, the 6th movie is out! I had the pleasure of seeing it at the midnight showing last night with the Jensen's. Some people wonder why everyone wants to see it at midnight, rather than just waiting till later. To me midnight showings are simply more fun. You get to see all the crazy fans that dress up, and you get to stay up all night! Unfortunately, instead of having some funny, HP character look-a-like in front of me, there was a girl who could not seem to keep her pants up. I was flashed way too many times, and was not happy about it. Say no to crack!

Anyways, the new movie was by far my favorite Harry Potter movie. I was cracking up at all the characters, "snogging", etc. I was also extremely happy with the much improved acting. My only disappointment is that there was no epic battle at the end, and where they added a scene in the movie that isn't in the book (where the Weasley's house burns down). Other than that I thought the movie was well-done, hilarious, and yet dark to set up for the last and final book. I went to work this morning (like most people at my work) with only 3 1/2 hours of sleep, but seeing the movie was totally worth it! Besides, I came home and took a long nap. :)



Also, on top of the Harry Potter madness, I was surprised that one of the previews before the movie started was for New Moon, the 2nd book from the Twilight series. As soon as it started every girl in the theatre was screaming...the cheering was pretty much the same as when the lights finally dimmed to start Harry Potter! You know, when I first read the Twilight books I could never picture a good-looking native american, aka Jacob Black. I am not racist, I just couldn't picture it! But congrats to Hollywood, they found someone! haha. However, no matter what the actors look like, Edward Cullen will always be number one. Always.

No comments:

Post a Comment