Thursday, October 22, 2009

Back to School and Baby Jace!

Well, it's been two whole months since I last posted anything! At the end of August I was busy getting settled into my new apartment, and then another school year started whether I was ready or not! I love my new apartment...so big and spacious and my roommates are awesome! I love the distance to class every morning too-less than ten minutes!

As for my classes...all 9 of them...they are going well. This semester in my major we are learning to teach and are teaching elementary school physical education. About a month ago I taught ball handling to 3rd graders, and today I taught for the second time to a group of 5th graders. Luckilly for me, I have had two well-behaved groups! I taught Dance today...basically I taught them steps to a routine I made up in class. They did pretty well, only it was sad and depressing that the CD player wouldn't read my CD, so I had to teach dance without music! :( Anyways, stay tuned to see how teaching jump roping goes next week!

So besides classes at BYU, it's football season. AKA: The best season. I've been enjoying watching all of the football games (save it be for one), but we don't talk about that. I didn't really realize how much of a Tom-boy I am until this semester. I was watching one game in particular and I was just thinking, "I love football." And I would make comments while watching it on TV, only to find that my roommates weren't even really watching and missed the sweet play I was commenting on. Which is why it's more fun to go to a guy's apartment to watch the game...especially when they have a huge projector screen. But anyways, I just love football...end of story.




Now on to more important subjects. I AM FINALLY AN AUNT!!! I have the cutest baby nephew now! Jace Edward Barberis. He is so adorable...I have only seen him twice (the day he was born and the 2nd day), but tomorrow I get to spend the entire day with him (and Brent and Lacey)! So I will be taking even more pictures and getting to know him better, of course. And I am excited because my mom is coming to visit next week! I only wish my dad could come too...










Anyways, that's about all the excitment going on right now. Oh, but my roommate Caroline taught me the Thriller dance tonight so that on Monday when she teaches it to our FHE group, I will look like less of a fool. How sweet of her. :) haha. So that should be fun. And I am also getting excited for Halloween...and Thanksgiving and Christmas! The other day grocery shopping with Becca I was staring at the stuffing and mashed potato sections...I wanted Thanksgiving dinner sooo bad! But it didn't help that I hadn't eaten in several hours...anyways, my dad booked my flight home for Christmas! Becca and I get to fly together so I don't have to be alone! So that should be fun. And on Saturday Becca and her roommate and I went shopping at DI for halloween costumes. I had no idea what I wanted to be...I was thinking maybe a Gangster or a pirate or something, but I had no luck. Then Becca and Katie found this blue dress, a big blue bow, and I found a red tie and white shoes, and I am going to be a cute sailor girl! I'm excited...I just hope people can tell what I am. Also, we found (and bought) matching leotards. Holler. haha...we couldn't resist.  Also, I just remembered that 2 weeks ago I went paintballing for the first time and I got owned, but it was still fun...I just would never play it again with people who are experienced.  But I got a gnarly bruise!  Anyways, more excitment and parties and pictures to come! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment