Sunday, November 22, 2009

Fall Festivities!

Well, yet again it has been a while!  I guess I'll start with Halloween.  It was so fun!  I went to my brother and sis-in-law's apt so our whole family was together minus my dad, since my mom was in town.  We ate dinner and carved pumpkins and it was great!  Guess who's pumkin is who's!  :)



For Halloween I enjoyed dressing up as a sailor for my ward activity and for the Alpine dance...although I wasn't too happy when some people thought I was a cheerleader (bleh!), but one person said that I kinda looked like Mary-Ann from Giligan's Island, and I was just excited that someone else actually used to watch that show!



Then Halloween night I went with Becca and her roommates to their stake activity and we were all matching gymnasts together!  We had matching leotards, scrunchies, GLITTER on our faces, and medals...it was sweet.  We walking in formation from the car all the way into the dance...lined up by height, so I had to lead the way.



Right after Halloween was Becca's birthday!  Yay for being 20!  We went shopping and ate Katie Rae's homemade pizza and then had icecream.  It was fun!  So once Halloween was over, it was back to school work.  I have been teaching a lot, and it's been super stressful!  SO much has been going on in all of my classes the past few weeks, but I've managed to survive.  I've had lesson plans due, I've had to rehearse and teach my lessons, I've had tests and a project and presentations..it's been crazy so I am so grateful that Thanksgiving break is almost here!  Anyways, so a few weeks ago I taught jump-roping, which was really hard, then I had to teach bowling which was worse, and then I taught throwing/catching with hula hoops as targets...that went better but I still have a long way to go!  Two lessons left and the semester is over!  I can't even believe how fast it's gone by...but not without difficulty and stress.  After Thanksgiving it's crunch time!

As for other things, I've been sick with a bad cough...at this point I think it's a sinus infection, but I never had a sore throat or anything..just a cough and now it's moving up to my nose a bit more.  Anyways, last Sunday despite coughing, I just couldn't be happy unless I could go to West Jordan to be with my family again for dinner.  Baby Jace is a little man!  He's so cute and chubby now.



Last week Caroline and I went to see The Time Traveller's Wife, and in the middle of it we looked at each other and we both had tears streaming down our cheeks...and sure enough at the end of the movie we were embarassed and rushed to get out to my car before anyone saw us crying!  haha...

SO, New Moon, the 2nd book of the Twilight series came out Friday!!!  I went with Becca, Leah, and Katie Rae.  It was so fun!  Before we went to the movie we made dinner and popcorn and watched Twilight.  Then we got there really early, so we got good seats!  Needless to say, there were screaming girls no matter where we were seated.  The lights dimmed-screams.  Previews started-screams.  Edward Cullen on screen-screams.  Jacob Black on screen-even more screams.  haha, it was fun though.  The movie was awesome!  It kept to the book really well, and it was much better than the first movie.  And the movie was very easy on the eye, and that's all I have to say about that.  Anyways, it was hilarious cuz wherever we walked after the movie there was a group of girls and in each group we passed all we heard was "Jacob was so hot!"  I'm still an Edward fan.  Anyways, the next movie comes out in 2010 some time!  It will be exciting!



So today was the BYU vs. Air Force football game!  It was actually my last home football game for a year!  I'm sadly not going to the BYU vs. Utah game next week because we will all be staying in St. George for Thanksgiving and want to stay past the game so see Jace get his baby blessing!  I'm excited.  Anyways, the game was fun, but Caroline and I were FREEZING!  We were huddled together the whole time, and then after we were trying our best to go fast back to the car with our arms linked but we were frozen solid!  We tried to run up some stairs but we literally couldn't!  Needless to say we got a little slap happy from being so cold and hurrying to the car.  Fun times.  Then we came home and made a delicious dinner!  We had spaghetti, my green beans, Caroline's Red Lobster biscuts, and some grilled chicken.  Then I was falling asleep, but Caroline wanted me awake and doing something, so she told me to make pumpkin bread.  So I did!  It's delicious if I do say so myself!  I enjoy baking...but I was really irritated because both of my bread pans are no where to be found!  They better show up soon, or else!



Anyways, one more day of class before Thanksgiving break!  I can't wait!  And I'm going to get In-n-Out even though that the Orem In-n-Out just opened!  And it will be fun to finally have a break from school and be with my family.

Also, I have a confession.  I am listening to Christmas music right now.  I usually force myself to wait until Thanksgiving day or the day after, BUT I couldn't take it anymore!!!  I cried the first song I listened to.  Where are you Christmas?  Seriously!  I can't wait to go home for Christmas and be done with this semester and be with my mom and dad and be home and cozy and relax!  One month!  I can make it!  Anyways, till next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment