No, it's not Easter, it's just after Thanksgiving...but it's just the Resurrection of my blog. I finally decided to write something, perhaps not as exciting as some people's blogs, but why not write for fun even if people don't read this or care what's going on in my life. Since I tend to be negative, and I'm stuck in Provo and am burnt out with school here is my Thanksgiving list since I am trying to work on being more thankful:
I AM GRATEFUL FOR...
1. My family-they are the absolute best. So funny, fun, supportive, kind, patient, forgiving, loving, encouraging, faithful, spiritual, and the list goes on.
2. My new baby niece Brinley! I feel guilty having not had a post dedicated for her when she was born, so here is my tribute to her, even though she's just over 2 months old already! She is an absolute angel. So sweet and mild-tempered-aka the best baby you could as for. She has the cutest smile, looks great in all of her headbands of all colors, has the softest hair and head ever, the biggest blue eyes, and I just love her to pieces. She was born September 17th, 2010, a month early! She had a rough time at first, but now she is healthy and strong, for which we are all grateful.
3. My nephew Jace! He is already 13 months old, and the cutest, funniest, most studly boy you have ever seen. He cracks me up, he is so smiley, and quite the character. He just makes me smile, and if he weren't so wiggly and determined to do what he wants, I would hold him forever.
4. Brent got a new job. Although I am sad Brent, Lacey, and Jace are moving this week to San Francisco, I am very glad that Brent got a new job. This will really give him a better opportunity to improve on and show-off his mad industrial designing skills. He is so talented and I'm so proud of him for getting the job! And I am also grateful I now have an excellent excuse to visit San Fran!
5. My Friends-They each help me in different ways (just like my family). They are patient, funny, understanding, they put up with me, they laugh with me, they let me be silly, they make fun of me and teach me to laugh at myself, and they are good examples for me, and are so talented, cute, beautiful and so fun to be around, and they (like my family) try to make me feel good and have hope for the future. They also make being away from family a little easier.
6. My apartment. Although the management is lame sometimes, and the internet sometimes goes in and out, and it's loud next door, etc, I am glad I have such a nice, big place to live so close to campus. Also, this apartment is part of a great ward.
7. The Gospel-I don't know what I would do or who I would be without it. It gives me hope, it brings me joy, it is what keeps me going when life feels too hard. The scriptures are so amazing and give me so much strength, and I'm so grateful for my Savior, Jesus Christ, especially for giving his life so we all may live with Him and our Father in Heaven again someday.
8. My Car-It may not be new, and it may have some cracks in the windshield, but it works quite well, still looks good, and it has been invaluable! I don't know what I would do without my car-sit and rot in my apartment and have to walk in the cold, etc.
9. My computer-Lets me do my homework, talk to friends, etc. And it stores all of my pictures!
10. My camera-I love taking pictures so I can remember everyday events. I'm glad I can look at silly pictures I have taken and remember what happened that day, etc.
11. My Phone-even though I don't feel like I get enough texts, or phone calls, and don't have internet or games on it, I am glad that I can use it to keep in contact with people when needed-it always makes my day to talk to my family and good friends.
12. My healthy body-I may not be as fit as I once was (it's a work in progress...after all, it is after Thanksgiving...and at this point I once was grateful for an abundance of delicious foods, but now I'm not so sure now that I have quite the gut coming along as well as a double chin...but never mind all that...) but I rarely get sick, I have no health problems, and pretty much no allergies.
13. Music, Books, and Movies-They let me escape to new worlds when I need a break, and they also can teach life lessons and help me relate to other people's situations, etc. They are also very entertaining! :) And they absolutely all make me cry...
14. My Roommates-Life in an apartment with no roommates would be so lonely!
15. It's almost Christmas!!! This means school will be temporarily over and I'll only have 2 semesters left before graduation, and it means I get to go home to mommy and daddy and the warm, cozy, cute comforts of my Christmas-decorated house.
Well...sadly that's all I can think of. I am grateful for many other things (or at least I should be) but there's a start! One step at a time I guess. Happy late Thanksgiving!!! And Happy Birthday to my Dad, Kevin and Brent!
No comments:
Post a Comment