Monday, January 24, 2011

"Huuunnngrrryyyyy...."

Well.  I am finally blogging.  Merry Christmas!  Happy New Year!  Happy MLK Day! Happy, happy.

So, I guess I'll just touch on everything that's happened over the past 2 months.  Thanksgiving in St. George with Caroline was way fun!  We love playing games and eating (too much) with Grammie and Papa...and staying up late laughing and talking and watching movies.  Good times.  Christmas was fantastic at home with mom, dad, Kevin, Kim, and baby Brinley, and I finally got to see Sister Sarah Folsom now that's she's back from her mission!  New Years was fun, just played games and watched some YouTube videos.  School started, and my schedule is pretty much a joke, but I still have lots of homework, but I don't mind since all my classes except for one are electives.  I applied for Student Teaching, and will be student teaching and doing my coaching internship in Fall, and then I will be DONE with college.  I can't even believe it.

Anyways, that's basically been my life of late...just school, homework, hanging around, watching movies, learning how to do the "Double Dream Hands" dance, and reading...which leads to the title of this particular blog.

The title, essentially "hungry", if you say say it properly, comes from the YouTube video "Kittens Inspired by Kittens".  I just think it's hilarious and I say it all the time, but now, I say it since I finally read "The Hunger Games"!

I figured I would eventually read "The Hunger Games" series...I didn't know what all the hype was about.  Could they possibly be as fun to read as Harry Potter or Twilight?  The answer is a resounding yes.  My lovely sister-in-law Kim let me borrow the first book and offered me the second as well, but I declined.  I figured I would read a little here and there, but on Saturday I was just doing laundry (which I hate) and had just cleaned the kitchen, so I was going to take a nap, then the book was sitting there on my dresser and I decided to open it up and start reading.  And that's where I stayed for the rest of the night.  I started the book around 4:30 or so, and then was completely done by 9:30.  I left my bed for two things: To switch my laundry, and eat food.  I didn't even bother to fold my clothes till after I was finished.  I dumped them out on my bed, as to not get any hairballs that are sure to be on my floor on them, and I would jump back on my bed and sprawl out, being careful not to push the pile of clothes off the bed.  I was immediately engulfed and addicted to the book...just like I was when I read Harry Potter and even Twilight.  Don't worry, Twilight is 3rd out of the 3 series.  Anyways, for those of you who haven't read it-just read it.  Caroline thinks I'm a nerd now.  Oh-well.  I didn't know I would tear through the book so fast.  Suzanne Collins I salute you.  She's a great writer, only now everything that pops into my head is said in present form, which is how she writes the story.  Only the words that pop into my head aren't thoughts, but actual lines that could be used in a book written in the same way.  I feel like reading her books have made me a better writer already.  Cool!  That reminds me though of how I had to read "Hamlet" for Humanities last semester, and of course I read it all at once, and then for the rest of the day everything I said came out backwards.  Worded like Shakespeare.  I'm surprised I didn't use more "thees" and "thous"...

Yesterday, as soon as I knew I could I went to retrieve the 2nd book of the series from Kim.  I was just going to go home, but then I stayed and read over half of the book by the time we ate dinner, which I hadn't planned on staying for, but it was delicious and I'm glad I did.  Then we played this great game "Acquire" and ate apple pie.


Then I went home, showered as fast as I could, brushed my teeth, got in bed and finished "Catching Fire", the 2nd book in "The Hunger Games" trilogy.  So in two days I conquered two books, which aren't short by the way...


Now if I could only get my hands on a copy of this:


I will be perfectly and incandescently happy...


And then I will resume reading "The Count of Monte Cristo", perhaps re-read "The Hunger Games" trilogy, after I buy them myself, and look forward to the movies coming out!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment