Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Good Things Come to Those that Wait

Well, after endless hours of looking for housing, I FINALLY FOUND SOMEPLACE!  It was somewhere unexpected.  I was looking for a private room, but thought that Heather Cove had the right price and amenities, and I made the trade-off and snagged the spot before it was gone.  It just so happens to be where Becca's living in Fall, so that makes moving into a new ward 100% less scary.  I am nervous about meeting new roommates as always, but I'm sure they will be great and that it will be a fun semester!  2 shared rooms, 2 bathrooms, a separate washer/dryer room, and a nice kitchen and living room, all for about $325.  Can't beat that!  I'm excited.

And now I'm even more excited since I now have my bridesmaid dress for Caroline's wedding!  It was a miracle how it fit perfectly.  And there was only one promising size left.  Forget the only other ones: 00, 2, 2, 2, 10.  EPIC WIN.

It's from the White House Black Market, which I've always loved but always thought was too expensive to bother trying anything on.  But the dress was on sale, so I went in, and still had to resist trying on other things, especially when about 4 workers were trying to help me out.  They steamed the perfect dress for me, and while we waited they pretty much demanded that I try on some jeans, and they all were grabbing jeans and putting them in my fitting room.  I would protest, but never have jeans fit quite so well.  I couldn't pass that up!  Especially when I'm a little lacking in the jeans department...so I went back and forth and back and forth between different styles and washes, but I ultimately decided on these dark wash ones with gold stitching and pocket embroidering:


They were too comfortable and fit too well to pass up!  Although I did have to order them in short, since all they had was regular, but the shipping was free and the sale was the same!

Here is the dress.  So Caroline says the belt buckle will be covered with a black flower or ruffle or something cute and moved to the side in between the dress ruffles.  The quest for red shoes and red jewelry has already begun.


I finally feel at peace, and although I'm still terrified of student teaching in Fall, I finally know that I really do have a lot to look forward to. Come What May. :)

1 comment: