Tuesday, February 21, 2012

OK, Fine.

So, that was a short-lived vow to never blog again.  But, I decided to humor the 2 people that told me to keep blogging, and try this again.  I wouldn't if I didn't actually have something to blog about.  But I kinda do now.  First things first, today I finally and I mean FINALLY wrote my final paper for my coaching internship and turned that and a bunch of other papers in to complete my internship.  I have an exit interview with my internship advisor on Friday, and then I will be OFFICALLY DONE and can finally graduate!  Exciting.  I want ice cream.  Also, I have been unable, despite my efforts, to register to be a substitute teacher this semester.  But, I got a phone call today with instructions that might just change all that.  In other words, I should be registered and able to sub in the next few days!  Which means, I can finally make some money! 

That being said, here's a story.  Everyone that knows me, knows what a chocoholic I am.  I tear up if I see mini cadbury eggs because I love them so much but know I can't buy or eat them because they are expensive and addicting and fattening.  And addicting.  And delicious. And scrumptious and creamy, crunchy....mmm.  Same goes with Nutella.  And Magnum bars.  All life-changing chocolatey treats. 

Well, when you think about the ad, "What would you do for a Klondike bar?" what would you actually do?  I don't know what I would do for a Klondike bar (delicious as they are) but I do know that I would dive, bang my knee on the ground, and sacrifice every limb and part of my body for a spoonful of Nutella.  In this case, it was a forkful.  And yes, that happened.  In slow motion, it seemed.  I dropped the fork full of decadent, rich, smooth, Nutella, and I dove to the ground, reached out my hand and slid it underneath the fork--Just in time. 

Had I not caught the fork, it would have landed in a hallway that is in desperate need of a good vacuum.  Imagine all sorts of crumbs and fuzz, and most likely little bugs all mixed in with my precious Nutella.  What a waste!  I shudder to think of that glorious dollop of Nutella in such a state.  Alas, there was no harm done.  Just a little bump on the knee and a mouthful of heaven.

No comments:

Post a Comment