Saturday, March 13, 2010

Dancing Through Life

Those who know me well know that I do not dance.  High school dances were a no.  Stake dances were a no.  And taking a dance class at BYU was out of the question...until I took one.

I took social dance 180 and loved it!  Then I took social dance 280 and didn't like it quite as much, but still enjoyed learning to dance.  Now I'm in dance 185 and it beats them all!  I never thought that I would ever take a dance class, let alone three, and still want to take more!  And last year I never thought that the following year I would be in the same place at the same time, dancing.  The place I speak of is the Dancesport competition.  Last year I danced Cha-Cha for my 180 class, and this year I am dancing SAMBA for my 185 class!  It is an awesomely fun dance, and I hope to have room on my schedule to take 285 next year.  I even have dance shoes now...crazy!  I never would have thought ever in a billion years that I would take one dance class, let alone three.  And if I do say so myself, I'm not too bad at it either for being a beginner!  So here is a picture of me at Dancesport today...for the second time.

No comments:

Post a Comment